XML Import of Org Unit Attribute

Version: 2.20
Build: 19958

I need to update existing Org Units with a new, non-existing Org Unit
attribute *values* using XML meta-data import.

I'm trying to create the simplest XML to do this, excluding tags which have
no bearing on the update. I just need to add an attribute value to each Org
Unit.

*I've noticed the following:*
I must include *openingDate*, *name* and *shortName* even though I am not
affecting any of those properties (these did not appear to be mandatory in
2.18)
If I do not include *created* a new *created* date is generated
If I do not include *(u)id* a new (u)*id* is generated (tag is "id", column
name is "uid")

I would think that generating new *uid *and *created* values could cause
problems with data integrity. Is this intentional? Are Org Unit records
being deleted and recreated when running an XML import as it appears to? I
would assume that if I don't include those tags it would retain whatever
values already exist for each record.

It seems that in order to ONLY add a non-existing attribute to each Org
Unit (and not alter the *uid* or *created*  values) I must include the
following tags in my XML file:

*For organisationUnit:*
id
created
name
shortName
openingDate

*For Org Unit Attribute:*
code
name
id
value
externalAccess (maybe??)

Can someone confirm or comment on my findings and questions?
Thanks.

*Laura E. Lincks*
Database Manager/Developer
ICAP - Columbia University