Re: Bulk Deletion of Data

Hi Aaron,

There is no "soft delete" function, if that is what you are after, but it
has been discussed.

Although there is no direct way as Lars points out, if you know what you
wish to delete, it is still possible.  Namely, if you transmit a "" value
for the value which you wish to delete, it will be deleted. Thus, if you
wish to delete all values for a given dataset/OU/period, you can get all of
the values from the API, then set them all to "", and upload the data
again.  I think you can also use the DELETE verb as documented here (
https://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/developer/html/ch01s12.html) to
delete a value.

Not sure if that is the functionality you are after though. Typically, this
would be a DB admin's role though and would be done with SQL, if you are
say, going to delete ALL values for a large part of the hierarchy. The
possibility for a whoopsie-moment could be large here.

Regards,
Jason