Re: OpenFuturePeriods issue with DHIS 2 v 2.21 Upgrade

Hi Lorill,

this is admittedly a bit confusing but expected behavior per now.

In 2.21 we have made the rules for data import a bit stricter and made it
consistent with the rules for direct data entry. The rule is that by
default you cannot enter data for a period for which the end date is in the
future (i.e period is not over). This is done to prevent people from
entering data before the period is over, and makes sense e.g. for service
delivery data (you cannot enter number of people treated for X before the
period is over). For some types of data, e.g. population data, this is not
ideal, as you want to enter population for future periods. To handle that
you can set the "open future periods" to a value higher than 0.

So you are correct in that this behavior has changed in 2.21, and that is
seems a bit strange. That said, given the logic explained above it gives
you better control of what data is imported. E.g. when you allow regular
users to import data you want to impose stricter control over the data that
can be imported. So we plan to keep this constraint in place for now - you
can just adjust the "allow future periods" value to work around it.

regards,

Lars