Important notice for Android Event Capture and Tracker Capture users

Dear all,

I just want to inform you on an issue regarding using the apps directly
from Google Play. The apps in question are Event Capture and Tracker
Capture for Android.

*Breaking changes in automatic update to 2.21 compatible apps*
During the development efforts between 2.20 and 2.21 there were changes
made that we had to implement in the Android apps that made them
incompatible with 2.20. If you have been using the apps downloaded from
Google Play then you will probably have automatically updated the app(s)
and as a result ended up with an incompatible version. For the time being
we cannot say for sure whether or not this will be the case for future
releases of DHIS 2, *but we will try for the future to keep compatibility
so that breaks like this won't happen*.

*Using APK files for 2.20*
We have made separate installation files for 2.20 and 2.21 that can be
downloaded and installed directly on our GitHub page (see links below). We
will keep the newest version of the apps on Google Play at all times, so if
you want to control your updates yourself it is a better solution to use
the .APK files directly, and distribute them independently of Google Play.

Links:
Tracker Capture 2.20 APK
https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-trackercapture/releases/download/2.20-0.2.6/app-release-trackercapture220.apk

Tracker Capture 2.21 APK