Parsing the json output from the API

Below is a patient tracked entity instance

In order  to get a first name or a last name from this attribute list, we
would have to loop through all the attributes until we find an attribute
that has the displayName "firstName", as all the attribute seem to be in
random order for each patient. That is inefficient and clunky. Is there a
way to get the data in a format that could be read by javascript more
easily?

{
         "lastUpdated":"2014-03-28 12:33:47.354",
         "trackedEntity":"G0PlBqu2Boe",
         "created":"2014-03-26 15:46:02.45",
         "orgUnit":"DiszpKrYNg8",
         "trackedEntityInstance":"JRm9etA1dG1",
         "relationships":[

         ],
         "attributes":[
            {
               "code":"MMD_PER_NAM",
               "displayName":"First name",
               "valueType":"TEXT",
               "attribute":"w75KJ2mc4zz",
               "value":"Kedija"
            },
            {
               "displayName":"Gender",
               "valueType":"TEXT",
               "attribute":"cejWyOfXge6",
               "value":"Female"
            },

         ]
      },

I tried something like the below, but that doesn't seem to work. What am I
missing?

https://play.dhis2.org/demo/api/trackedEntityInstances/PQfMcpmXeFE.json?fields=attributes[displayName]&filter=attributes[displayName]:eq:Gender

Follow ups