Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration

I'm running into a problem with building dhis-service-core from Eclipse (it
happens on both Linux and OS X).  The error is:

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (execution: default,
phase: generate-resources)

Is there some configuration which I'm missing?  Some searching suggested
wrapping the <plugins> entry in dhis-service-core/pom.xml with
<pluginManagement> and this seems to resolve the problem, but I'm not sure
if it's the right fix.

Thanks,
Ken

-----