Upgrades to 2.21

Hi All,

On a few upgrades to 2.21 I've run into a problem that only seems to show up occasionally.
I'll receive and error along the lines of

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown name value [Date] for enum class [org.hisp.dhis.common.ValueType]

Once you know what to look for it becomes pretty clear that if you run something like this
SELECT DISTINCT  valuetype FROM dataelement;
You'll find "Date" instead of "DATE" a similar thing happens with the feature type on the organisationunit table.

I haven't been able to pin down exactly why it doesn't _always_ work but often on startup DHIS 2 will fix the problem on it's own and I think change the names to the proper types other times I get the error above. My guess is that might be related to older versions of Postgres but that is just a hunch.

Can someone share some insight into what happens on startup and if there is a way I can help to write some integrity checks to run beforehand? Right now it's pretty basic with queries like this:

SELECT uid, featuretype, name FROM organisationunit
WHERE featuretype NOT IN ('NONE', 'MULTI_POLYGON', 'POLYGON', 'POINT', 'SYMBOL');

I figured I'd try to get the whole picture before sending the user's list.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Cocos
Principal, BAO Systems