Re: Password/security related code in DHIS2

Hi Calle,

security isn't really confined to a few files and we don't have a document
specifically on that.

Since you need an urgent reply what you could say is:

- Main security config files are found here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/view/head:/dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-commons/src/main/resources/META-INF/dhis/security.xml
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/view/head:/dhis-2/dhis-services/dhis-service-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/dhis/security.xml

- DHIS 2 is using a fairly standard security setup based on Spring
Security. Web site <http://projects.spring.io/spring-security/> | reference
<https://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/3.0.x/reference/springsecurity.html>
| overview <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Security>

- DHIS 2 uses Bcrypt adaptive hashing of passwords. Read more
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bcrypt>.

- DHIS 2 can authenticate against the local database, using OpenID
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/user/html/ch07.html#d5e1573>
(from 2.19) and LDAP
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/implementer/html/ch08s05.html>
server (from 2.21)

- DHIS 2 supports OAuth2
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/developer/html/ch01s02.html#d5e75>
and
basic
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/developer/html/ch01s02.html#d5e69>
authentication for Web API requests / integration with other systems,

- DHIS 2 lets you configure password expiration under settings
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/user/html/ch23.html#d5e4445>.

- DHIS 2 allows for user account recovery / password reset with recaptcha
under settings
<http://dhis2.github.io/dhis2-docs/master/en/user/html/ch23.html#d5e4445>.

- DHIS 2 access control is based on a standard solution with user roles
with authorities.

regards,

Lars