Re: Category combination set to default won't let me change it

Hi Knut,

(1) If unable to use use Categories for Event data elements then yes, we
have to be able to save each data value against a separate data element for
analysis. The ability to reuse Category Options though (i.e assigning them
to multiple Categories), greatly reduces the database configuration work
required. For the current database I'm configuring I would have needed 24
Category Options, 4 Categories and 4 Cat Combos to enable each "Yes' data
value to be uniquely stored for analysis. Because Categories cannot be used
for Event data elements, I had to create 93 Data Elements instead.

(2) If we have to live without Categories for Events, then it would be
great to have a grouping feature beyond sections like the multiple
selection box you suggested.

Crizelle Nel

[image: HISP_Logo_sm]
Software Development and Information Systems

*Health Information Systems Program (HISP) -
Email:       crizelle@xxxxxxxx <crizellenel@xxxxxxxxx>
Cell:          +27 84 580 3342
Fax:          0866 509 502
Skype:      crizelle_nel