Re: Android Apps Issues

Hello Vanya,

It is really good to know that you are planning to start using android
applications. I have answered some questions below:

*[I] *We opened an issue in GitHub as well. But unfortunately no one has
> responded yet.
> https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-datacapture/issues/12

This issue will be fixed in upcoming release. I have created a milestone
(April 1 - release of DHIS2 2.23) and assigned bug to it.

*[I]* A dropdown field allows text entry (manually from the keyboard).
> Rather this field should not allow any data entry.

This is more a design issue, now we picked up another approach, which
eliminates this problem.

*I]* Period labels are overlapping (see this example:

Could you please explain the problem in more details?

*[E]* If data is not synced (sync failed), if it’s easy to suggest an
> action to the user (something like “Please try again later or restart app”).

Create new issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-datacapture/issues/15

*[E]* A logout confirmation message ("Are you sure you want to log out") is
> missing(although its present in the Event Capture app)

Create new issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-datacapture/issues/16

*Q] *Is there a limit on the number of columns that can be accommodated in
> the mobile app?

At the moment this number (4) is hardcoded into app. But we are working on
more flexible solution which will allow to choose amount of columns to be
show to user.

*[Q] *Is there any upper limit on the time for which the device can be
> offline?

No, there is no time limit for being in offline mode.

 *[Q]*Is there any upper limit on the number of events that can show up in
> the grid (for view purposes)?

Initially event capture downloads 200 events from the server and then also
shows all events which were created locally on device. The problem is that
if you will have too many events, application will become slower.

*[I]* If an event fails to sync, on clicking on the sync icon, the full
> stack trace(exception) shows up. It's not a user friendly message.

But it is the only way at the moment we can get feedback from the users
with sync errors. In new version, we are planning to change it to something
more user friendly.

*[I]*The spinner doesn't stop even if the device is offline. (Swiping
> initiates a sync, but in offline conditions, it should raise a message)

*[I] *While offline, when we attempt login the message that comes up is not
> user friendly.And same holds true for the message which comes when the app
> times out while trying to log in.

https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-eventcapture/issues/64

*[I] *There are no sync related notifications/messages (When we click on
> the sync icon in offline as well as online mode)

https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-dashboard/issues/15

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Araz