Re: 2.23 Metadata importer rewrite and dryRuns

Morten,

Dropping the dry run is OK if, and I stress if, the import process itself
becomes more transparent and step-wise. Basically this means
1.
Display new records coming in, with the ability to remove all or some from
import
2.
Display updated records coming in and the equivalent existing records, with
the ability to remove all or some from import/updating.

The fundamental problem with DHIS2 imports are that they are "black boxes",
you cannot see what's happening until after it's done. Without even the dry
run, your only "Safety net" is to back up the whole database just before
importing - which is tricky to do in a production environment when manager
A imports data while user B,C,D, and E are capturing data directly.

Regards
Calle