Custom form translation

Hi all,
I’m looking at ways to support translation in a custom form (aggregate). I would like to be able to use the "built in" translation of data elements if possible, using IDs when designing the form and having a javascript function triggered by "dhis2.de.event.formReady" to put in the correct translations. I was thinking the formName, displayName or similar would be available in the dhis2 object, but I’m having difficult figuring out where.

Can any of the dev advice on where to read the translated names/formNames, if possible?

Does anyone else have any experience with something like this?

Thinking of it now, this might even be an idea for a general feature: just like you can add the data entry fields, totals and indicators when designing custom forms, there could be an option to add "name" label that would display the name/form name of an element, with translation when applicable.

Regards
Olav

Follow ups