Re: Tracker Capture in Android Studio

Hi Marriette,

A. In your git local repos, make sure that you do "git checkout
2.22-legacy" just after cloning & before building...like what Erling has
mentioned

B. Before building, make sure when you open your "dhis2-android-sdk"
project in Android Studio, you end up with a project folder arrangement
similar to what is in the attached picture :

If A & B has been done then you can try each one of the following solutions
 at a time:

1.Add the following IML file (attached) into your parent trackercapture app
folder , like this:
=>Parent folder name: trackercapture
=> Subfolder name : dhis2-android-sdk
=> Subfolder name : dhis2-android-trackercapture
=> .iml

Then build your project

2.In your Android Studio, from the menu click "Run", "Edit Configurations"
- then ensure you have configured your target device and/or added
your emulator

Then build your project

3. Ensure that you have something like this :
=>Parent folder name: trackercapture
=> Subfolder name : dhis2-android-sdk    (with cloned contents)
=> Subfolder name : dhis2-android-trackercapture (with cloned contents)
Do not change the names of the sub-folders.The gradle scripts are
referencing the two project folders by the names  "dhis2-android-sdk" &
"dhis2-android-trackercapture"
Then build your project

4. Make sure when you clone the two repos dhis2-android-sdk and
dhis2-android-trackercapture, you dont add the repos in other folders.
By this I mean do not have a folder structure like:
=>dhis2-android-sdk
=> dhis2-android-sdk (with cloned contents)
=>dhis2-android-trackercapture
=> dhis2-android-trackercapture (with cloned contents)

The scenario above will cause problems and Gradle  build will fail

 Regards,

Arthur  Gwatidzo

 [image: Description: cid:image001.png@01CCADE7.1D5397D0]

Software Development and Information Systems

*Software Developer*

*Health Information Systems Program - SA*

Email:   arthur.g@xxxxxxxx

Cell:      +27(0)768983930

Skype:  Arthur.Gwatidzo

Web*: *   http://www.hisp.org

66 Rigel Avenue North, Waterkloof Ridge
Pretoria, 0181
South Africa
E -25.7847787 S 28.2347984

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at
http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer
<http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer>.   Please read the
disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in
terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to
disclaimer@xxxxxxxx  <disclaimer@xxxxxxxx>and a copy will be provided to
you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be
bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Marriette Katarahweire <
kmarriette@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am trying to load the Tracker Capture app in Android studio but I get
> the following error:
>
> Gradle sync failed: Configuration with name 'default' not found.
>          Consult IDE log for more details (Help | Show Log)
>
> Is there anything I am not doing right?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kind regards,
> Marriette Katarahweire