Guidance on working on Dhis2-android-dashboard

Hi , this is R B Krishna ,Sophomore year in Computer Science And
Engineering at National Institute Of Technology , Trichy , India.
I am very interested in contributing to Enhancing the DHIS2 Android
Dashboard application and Re-Implement DHIS2 android data capture
applications to use shared database.
I have been an android application developer for an year and I am well
accustomed with activity lifecycles , Gradle Build process , Efficient
Network calls , Performance and Battery Optimizations , and writing
readable and organized code.
I have also participated in many hackathons (inGenius,Pragyan etc.) and
finished in the top 10 in most of them.
I have also worked on a startup as a paid intern - sportscafe.in as an
android developer and built the app from scratch.

Most of my Projects on github  are public and I have started contributing
to open source lately.
Projects of mine include :
1.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pragyan.pragyantshirtapp
(DashBoard
App for Pragyan)
2. https://github.com/krishnarb3/PragyanOC (A slack like app communication
between organizing members of Pragyan)
3.https://github.com/krishnarb3/Qrate
4.https://github.com/krishnarb3/CENSUSx

I have already worked on a charting library - android-graphview (jjoe64) [
https://github.com/krishnarb3/spidertask4].

I have starting working on the issue - Editing account information. #9, and
I would like to seek your guidance on implementing the same ( Can we modify
the updateUserAccount() function or create a new function in
UserController.java file for doing this?
And also should we add the route in DhisApi.java like the others that are
already present in that file? , Should we use the UserAccount class object
for body of request or create a new body for request?)