Re: GSOC Aspirant 2016

Hi DHIS team and community,

I am Prastut Kumar, a CS sophomore at Vellore Institute of Technology,
Chennai India. A big fan of Don Norman's work in cognitive science, my
major interests lie at the intersection of Design and Technology (Society,
Internet- Security, Privacy). My belief and research experiences have
helped me fuel interest in design and development of interactive Internet
based digital platforms. Contributing to DHIS motivates me for many
reasons. The most important one, to bring about a change in the healthcare
industry.

I wish to work on the following projects, ranked in terms of interest:

   - *User Profile App:* have almost completed my Angular course from
   Coursera so familar with MVC architecture. My Js experience stems from
   interning at 2 startups, and a self initiated project Cambuzz
   <http://cambuzz.co.in/>. This project seems to be in my comfort zone.

   - *Partial rendering of front-end, ReactJS based applications on JVM by
   using Nashorn engine: *This project seems very interesting and though
   this is something out of my comfort zone, but I would love to spend more
   time hacking on it. The more the learning curve, the more I learn. :D

Before GSOC I was contributing to Privly <https://priv.ly/>, which gives
you control over your content with various extensions.

Handy Links:

   - Github: https://github.com/prastut
   - Website: http://prastut.github.io/
   - Design portfolio: https://www.behance.net/prastutkumar

I know talk is sweet and wish to prove my proficiency too. Can you help me
map out a trajectory? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Prastut