GSOC 2016: Introduction

Hello DHIS2 Community,

This is Prayash Mohapatra, currently in 3rd year of B.Tech at CET,
Bhubaneswar.
I am a full stack developer.

Following are the languages/frameworks I learnt over time.
Frontend - HTML, CSS, JavaScript mostly jQuery. (Bootstrap)
Backend - Started with PHP, Tried Node.js for a project, Now on Python.
(Slim, Express.js, socket.io, Flask, BeautifulSoup, peewee)
Database - MySQL
Mobile Application - Java on Android

Following are my side projects, pursued in my college life:
http://prayashm.github.io/3DCet - A 3D Map of our college, which can be
navigated (1st Year project)
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.zairza.zbuzzer - Multi user
realtime buzzer using websockets (2nd Year project)
http://resultsmirror.cetb.in - Mirror of University results for our
college, searchable by name (3rd Year project)

I also volunteer at local communities like Bakul Foundation, Google
Developers Group - Bhubaneswar
and Microsoft Developers Commuity - Odisha. I personally find DHIS2
appealing as I interned in a company in similar field.
I am interested in "Line listing record importer" and "Scriptable SMS
Parsing" ideas, as I am already familiar with making REST APIs
and SMS Apps have fascinated me since school. We had built a SMS app using
txtweb.com platform for Election Season.
I am going through the mentioned resources, and will ask if I get stuck
somewhere.

linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/prayash
github: https://github.com/prayashm
website: http://prayashm.com