[DHIS] Understanding Data Export

Hi Morten,

Could you please help me understand the Data Export functionality of DHIS
better.
I am currently using DHIS version 2.23.

In the Import-Export module, we have the Data Export functionality where we
select Org. Units, data sets and dates for which we need to export data.

The dates - '*Start date'* and '*End date' - *are these the dates between
which we have entered data on the instance? Or have they got to do with
when the data sets or org. units were created?

I brought this up because I was unable to export data that I entered today
 i.e. 17-03-2016 (after selecting the appropriate org. unit and data set
that contains data) and setting the start date and end date to 16-03-2016
and 18-03-2016 respectively.

I also tried exporting data after running the analytics. But, either way,
no data values are exported and the JSON file exported is empty. Any
thoughts on this?

Any help here would be appreciated.

*Thanks*

Archana Chillala
Application Developer
Email archanac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone +91 9100960533 <+91+9100960533>
[image: ThoughtWorks]
<http://www.thoughtworks.com/?utm_campaign=archana-chillala-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thoughtworks-email-signature-generator>

Follow ups