Re: Aggregate indicators

Pramil,

Do you have a SIGNIFICANT requirement for nested indicators - I mean beyond
one or two random ones? Nested indicators were originally part of the DHIS
1.4 design all the way back in 2003, but it was complicated to implement
and we never had a case where it was absolutely necessary, so it remained
in the interface but with no code in the indicator engine to actually
process them.

DHIS 1.4 do have calculated & saved data elements which would be a good
option if your formulas contain too many data elements, but DHIS2 do not
support that - it uses indicators for the same purpose, which without
support for nested indicators won't help you.

One workaround is to create a few "combo" data elements that represent a
collection of data elements, and then use a script/query to populate it
every x hours from your original source data elements. Those "combo"
elements can then be used in indicators the normal way.

Regards
Calle