Re: "Data output and analysis organisation units" selection NOT respected an Analytics

Hi Prosper,

in fact it is the "data capture / maintenance" org units which are used as
basis for the "user org unit".

The rationale behind this is that a typical user works at a district (and
has the district as data capture org unit), and should be able to see the
entire country or province for analysis. So here it makes sense to have the
"user org unit" referring to the district in order to provide meaningful
and relevant charts / pivots.

In your case, which "data capture" org unit did you select? I am guessing
Sierra Leone. Try setting it to "Bo", clear cache and try again.

So a potential weakness here is that one is allowed to specify a data
output org unit which is below the data capture org unit. This situation
will in fact lead to a conflict / validation error when you create
analytics favorites with user org units.

--

We also discovered another related weakness today related to how we treat
user org units in analytics - we do not send the user id together with the

regards,

Lars

--
Lars Helge Øverland