Re: [Dhis2-users] Digit group separator in pivot table - what should the default value be?

I *think* we discuss the space separator business purely related to
display.  So when exporting to excel, or any other case where the
number is expected to be consumed as a number (including storage in
the database), exported via api in json/xml datavalueset etc there
should be no spaces, commas etc.  Confusion on this would be a recipe
for disaster.

Everyone seems to agree that how numbers display should be
configurable.  Though I thought the question was more what would be
the default appearance in the absence of any configuration.  In which
case there are only two approaches:  (i) pick something, in which case
space seems to be the most standard default, or (ii) infer something
based on the locale.