Re: DHIS2 fake data generator

Hi,

I presume you want the data set exported with allocated orgunits....

The main drawback with randomly generated numbers is that a lot of things
won't make any sense with such data, like data validation rules and
indicators. It will work for certain types of "techie" testing only -
health workers won't be able to relate to data and indicators that makes no
sense.

A more useful approach would be having an app that can take a real-world
DHIS2 database and then randomise those numbers within specific parameters:
- that general relations between different data elements and catcombos are
maintained (i.e. it changes 890 children immunised and 1000 children <1year
into 925 immunised and 1045 children <1, NOT into 1834 children immunised
and 287 children <1 as randomly generated numbers might do)
- the general activity levels of different orgunittypes are maintained
(i.e. big hospitals have much larger numbers than small clinics and
mobiles).

My 2c worth

Regards
Calle