Re: DHIS2 Docs

Hi Lorill,

we are not going to deprecate/remove api/documents so it is safe to use it,
however like you say we do not have POST support in the API so it is a bit
useless at the moment. A short-term workaround would be to simply

- implement POST support for files in DocumentController - patch? ;)
- use some sort of soft reference like prefixing the document name with the
program or data set UID.
- documents support the sharing paradigm so you could use that for access
control

Longer term (around 2.25) we are planning to generalize the file resource
concept we did for 2.20 into more of a general purpose file store. As you
know this has cloud backend support and is a more scalable solution.
However this design of this is still on the drawing board - we will keep
you posted!

If you could provide a bit more detail about your requirement that would
also be helpful to guide us.

best regards,

Lars