2nd Try: GIS: Filters on Categories

Sorry, I have to post this again, but this is getting a bit of an issue:

It seems like I it is not possible to use GIS with dataElements from dataSets
with  categoryCombinations as there is no filter on categories in GIS - please
prove me wrong! This would be a very serious data-modeling restriction as the
use of user-defined dimensions becomes obsolete.

Thanks for any hints,

Uwe

------- Uwe Wahser Thu, 12 May 2016 00:27:07 -0700 --------

Dear all,

I am just doing some tests on maps and am a bit confused about filtering: I
can't seem to find a way to filter data on categories/dimensions other than
period and org unit, as I can in pivot tables and visualizer.

If this is not possible, that would pose a big problem to my data models, as I
prefer using few data elements and lots of dimensions in star schemes because of
flexibility reasons.

On the other hand the filter in GIS is on values (which is nice), although this
seems to be a major open discussion in pivot tables and visualizer. I would have
assumed that all three apps use the same OLAP-engine.

Question 1: Am I missing something? Is it possible to filter on user-dimensions?
Question 2: If no, will it be a big deal to enable filters on user dimensions in
the foreseeable future or do I have to remodel my star schemes, if I want to
offer GIS?

Best regards,

Uwe

Follow ups