Re: Facility coordinates as default for event coordinates

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Sergio Valenzuela <
sergio.valenzuela@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> I was about to answer Jason explaining use cases, but with your last
> message all my questions are now solved.
>
> First of all, I was wrong with the thematic layer issue, I thought you
> were basing the thematic mapping on event coordinates so I thought that in
> order to render the (for example) number of malaria diagnosis for each
> district I had to force the clerks to introduce event coordinates for each
> event they registered, otherwise the events would not count on the
> aggregation. I understand that it is the same for the Facility Layer,
> right? The program indicators appearing for each facility are aggregated
> with the facility coordinates, not the event coordinates.

Yes correct.

> And for the clustering of events It makes total sense to me the blueprint
> you just have created. This is what I was asking for in the first place. An
> example for this, is that we want to create a map with the number of deaths
> clustered at different levels (province, district, facility ...), so with
> this new option we won't need to capture coordinates for each event
> separately.

Sounds good.

One could say that this is what you use thematic maps for. From thematic
map layers > Event data items > Select program > Select deaths data
element, you can achieve this now by selecting the required org unit level.

In any case, having clustering based on org unit location I think will be
useful so will add that.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Lars Helge Øverland