Multiple Hierarchies for analysis in DHIS2

Dear Developers,

We just posted our desire to add multiple hierarchies to DHIS2 in Launchpad.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/multiple-hierarchies

We think we need this to be able to analyse the data according to
significantly different hierarchical systems, in our case a
geo-administrative one and one based water basins which do always follow
administrative lines.

With multiple hierarchies we also want to be able to keep historical (past)
hierarchies when administrative boundaries change so we can see if changes
to results is due to restructuring our based on real changes.

If you identified the same problem, have already found a solution to this
problem or have implementation advice we would very much appreciate.

Kind regards
Kristof

Follow ups