Unique tracked entity attributes are now compulsory?

Dear devs,

we realized that tracked attributes are always compulsory even if they are
not marked like that in the program definition? so it is not possible at
all to keep them blank using the Tracker Capture.

In PSI (and I guess is the same for many different countries), we need to
define unique patient's IDs, although several times it is not possible to
collect them for many reasons, but now the system is not giving us the
option of keeping the IDs blank

Is this something that can be changed? Unique attributes can be compulsory
just marking the attribute as compulsory in the program definition...

Please, let us know, as we may need to reconsider some re-configuration for
our programs.

Many Thanks
Jose

Follow ups