DHIS2 Documentation for Metadata Sync and Versioning

Hi Devs

We are now beginning to write documentation for the Metadata Sync and
Versioning core features.

What are the guidelines for doing this documentation? What tools/wiki are
being used for documentation at DHIS. It would be good if you could point
us to it.

As we understand that there are 3 manuals

- Developer guide
- User guide
- Implementor guide

When we do the documentation are we targeting all these guides?

Some key aspects that we believe are documentation worthy are:

- The new API 's (versioning and sync).
- The new task (Metadata sync task)
- Metadata Versioning and Metadata Sync as a concept.
- Best practices around the Metadata versioning setup.
- Optimization of the initial setup of new field instances given the
central-field deployment strategy
- The changes to the existing "Settings" app [which is pretty much part of
setting up the Synchronization settings and the ability to create new
versions by enabling versioning ]
- The changes to the "Data Administration" app where we can now also
schedule the metadata sync at the time of choice.

It would be good if you could help us get started.

--
With Regards
Vanya

--Stay Hungry Stay Foolish!!