Issues with custom attributes

Hi,

We have created an attribute with a value type - "Yes Only" and assigned it
to data set. In the maintenance app, when we look at the data set, instead
of a 'check box', a blank text field is shown (when the value type is 'Yes
Only'). We tested with other value types, and looks like except for option
sets (which are rendered as a drop down list), all other value types are
shown as a text field.

Here's the screenshot attached. "*Is this a report template?*" is our
attribute name of value type "Yes Only"- rendered as text field. "*test
attr"* is an attribute of type - option sets - rendered as drop down.

Also, if the attribute has value type "Yes Only" and some new ones added
(like coordinate, file etc), when assigned to data set, we are able to see
them in the new Data Sets module of maintenance app, but not in the older
Data Sets app.

*Issue - attribute with option sets:*

The Value type of option sets is not made mandatory. So, if we create an
option set without assigning a value type, and add that option set to an
attribute, we will not be able to create the attribute as the value type of
custom attribute is missing. (Basically, the value type of option set is
considered the value type of custom attribute. But when there is no value
type given, it takes "No Value" and attribute does not get created. Also,
looks like updating the value type of option set is not possible.

[image: Inline image 1]

We're using DHIS version from trunk.

Could you please help fix these issues.

*Cheers,*

Archana Chillala
Application Developer
Email archanac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone +91 9100960533 <+91+9100960533>
[image: ThoughtWorks]
<http://www.thoughtworks.com/?utm_campaign=archana-chillala-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thoughtworks-email-signature-generator>

PNG image

Follow ups