Re: Data capturer - Events: Authorisation privilege missing

Hi Calle,
Have you added the event program to the role. The ALL authority is not a
summation of all other permissions but a special designation that provides
access to grant access to all apps and privately created objects (with the
exception of dashboards).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Busoye
On 6 Jul 2016 2:00 p.m., "Calle Hedberg" <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Small correction: we have now ascertained that if the Data Capturer -
> Events have every single authorisation selected (except ALL), it does NOT
> work. If we on the other hand select ALL, then it works.
>
> What is the difference between ALL and the sum of all individual
> authorisations?
>
> regards
> callee
>
> On 6 July 2016 at 12:35, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have an instance with an Event program and a user role called "Data
>> Capturer - Events" with the following authorisations - but one or more is
>> missing:
>>
>> Add/Update event
>> Add/Update Tracked Entity
>> Add/Update Tracked Entity Data Value
>> Delete Data Value
>> Generate Min-Max Value
>> Run validation
>> See Browser Cache Cleaner module
>> See Dashboard Intergration Module
>> See even Capture Module
>> See Event Report Module
>> See Event Visualiser module
>> See GIS Module
>> See Pivot table module
>> See report module
>> See validation rule
>>
>> Something is missing, though - when a data capturer opens the Event
>> Capture app and selects an orgunit with a number of pre-existing events,
>> nothing is showing. Also when selecting "Register event", all the drop-down
>> option sets with a large number of options are blank.
>>
>> If I add ALL to the user role, or if I add all the individual
>> authorisations, everything works fine.
>>
>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Can anybody see which authorisation(s) is/are missing in the list
>> above?
>>
>> 2. Where can I find an overview of all authorisations in the system with
>> a detailed explanation of (a) what exactly that authorisation provides
>> access to and (b) what authorisations have an impact on which areas
>> (routine data capture/use, event data capture/use, tracker data
>> capture/use).
>>
>> Best regards
>> Calle

>> Calle Hedberg
>>
>> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>>
>> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472
>>
>> Cell: +27-82-853-5352
>>
>> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119
>>
>> Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Skype: calle_hedberg

> Calle Hedberg
>
> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>
> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472
>
> Cell: +27-82-853-5352
>
> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119
>
> Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Skype: calle_hedberg

*This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at
http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer
<http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer>.  Please read the
disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in
terms of this electronic transmission.  If you cannot access the
disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@xxxxxxxx
<disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to
this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the
provisions of the disclaimer.*