Re: [Dhis2-users] Upgrading DHIS2 from version 2.5 to 2.22

Gi Gerald,

Please do not take my suggestion as a fully formed and fool-proof
procedure. But since you are exporting and then importing into an empty
instance of a newer version, you will not be messing up your existing data
(but should still take a backup first).

Piecewise going through every version with the necessary database updates
is the safest route and to always be recommended.

However, this might be difficult in this case, and certainly very
cumbersome. So I  suggest you give it a try. 2.16 was just a rough number,
I am not sure it will work,  but this method can help you skip a few
versions. However, you will have to test the results thoroughly, and
probably will run into a few obstacles. So it is not a silver bullet,  I'm
afraid.

Knut