API dataStore - 403 forbidden

Hi devs,
I’m having issues with access to a namespace in api/dataStore on 2.24. It works for superusers, but not with a "regular" user with access to the app that defines the namespace.

I have the following setup:
- custom app with this in the manifest.webapp:
"activities": {
        "dhis": {
            "href": "http://localhost/stable";,
            "namespace": "dataQualityTool"
        }
    }
- a user role giving access to this app, which from what I understand should also give access to the namespace defined/reserved by that app??

However, when trying to access the dataStore with a non-superuser, I get a 403 Forbidden response:
message: "The namespace 'dataQualityTool' is protected, and you don't have the right authority to access it."

Am I missing or misunderstanding something here? The same setup works on 2.23 on a different database, so I’m not sure if it’s a bug that it works in 2.23, that it does not work in 2.24, or if there is an intentional change from 23 to 24…

Regards
Olav

Follow ups