Restricting Data Set assignment through User Role doesn't work for a user with 'ALL' authority

Hi,

We are working on DHIS version 2.24 (revision - 23565). We are testing the
behaviour of restricting data Sets through User Roles. We have created a
user role with all the authorities, except 'ALL' authority. And did not
assign any data Sets to this user role. Then we assigned the role to a
user. So, when the user is logged in, and opens data entry app, and goes to
the right organisation unit where that particular data set is assigned to,
the user cannot find any data sets. This is the expected behaviour.
However, we modified the user role, by giving only the 'ALL' authority now
(no other authorities are given). And tested the same again. Now, the user
is able to see the data set in the data entry app, even if the data set is
not assigned to the user role. Is this expected of the user who has "ALL"
authority? Or a bug?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Archana Chillala
Application Developer
Email archanac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone +91 9100960533 <+91+9100960533>
[image: ThoughtWorks]
<http://www.thoughtworks.com/?utm_campaign=archana-chillala-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thoughtworks-email-signature-generator>

Follow ups