Re: Accessing a file resource

Hi Ryan, and thanks for reporting!

This is definitely a bug. That sort of validation should only apply to
writing and/or deleting, not reading in case of a locked data set. I have
fixed the issue in our development branch, and the fix will be released in
2.25.

https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-core/pull/25

If working around the issue is a big hurdle in your day-to-day business we
can consider backporting the fix: let us know and we'll see what we can do.
Backporting to 2.22 is probably not happening, though. Are you planning an
upgrade in the future?

Looking forward to your feedback.