Re: Inputs for new feature: Stopping sync on DHIS version difference between Central and field instance

Hi Vanya,

yes this sounds like a good idea to me. Of course, if the metadata is in
fact compatible it is unnecessary to abort, but since we do not have a
solid way to define which DHIS 2 versions are metadata compatible I think
this could be a good idea. Please go ahead.

best regards,

Lars

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Suresh Jaydev Kurumeti <
skurumet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where do we stand on this with priority for Implementation 1?
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Suresh Jaydev Kurumeti <
> skurumet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lars, Morten, Let us know your inputs / Priority of this new feature.
>> This would enable us plan our Implementation 1 work.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Vanya Seth <vanyas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello  Lars and Morten
>>>
>>> We are considering adding another feature to the metadata sync and
>>> versioning.
>>>
>>> The idea is to stop sync if the Remote server (Central instance) and the
>>> field instance are on different DHIS2 versions. This is important as
>>> metadata created on one version of DHIS2 might not be compatible with
>>> another version of DHIS2. This also ensures that instances tied up in this
>>> ecosystem remain on the same DHIS2 version.
>>>
>>> We would like to make this change from the following standpoint:
>>>
>>> - Synchronization API   /api/metadata/sync  : spitting out relevant http
>>> status code and message.
>>>
>>> - Metadata synchronization task: The task will send out an email
>>> notification to the admin telling the reason of abort of sync.
>>>
>>> Please let us know how you feel about this feature (read restriction :)
>>> ).
>>>
>>> We will be happy to pick it up as you give us a good to go!
>>>
>>> --
>>> With Regards
>>> Vanya
>>> ThoughtWorks Technologies