Lack of filtering persistence - setting or design?

Hi,

I'm using 2.24. I have not found a way to make a filtered list persist
across record operations. Is there a setting for this?

Example:
- I have a list of let us say 500 data elements.
- I filter the list for the word "malaria", yielding let us say 15 DEs. I
want to edit several of these.
- If I open any of them for editing and then save again, the filter is gone
- and I have to add the filter again. (and again).

This is annoying, and I'm pretty sure filter persistence is used in some
areas and/or was used in previous versions. This makes a lot more sense to
me, since removing the filter is quick (click on the x)

If there's no setting, I will add a blueprint for it.

Regards
Calle

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx