Re: Data elements with both option set and free text

Jason/Olav,

I understand that rationale - even if I'm commonly arguing that the "other"
option should not be there at all (in the majority of cases I've come
across the last 30 years, those "others" cannot be classified in any
meaningful way). I just wanted to know if it was possible since there are
some cases - generally the options/text are more of the "rich picture" type
unlikely to be used for any type of analysis - where it would simplify
things.

With both of you sort of agreeing that it is not there, and I have not
found it in the manuals, I presume it actually IS not an option.

Thanks for the rapid and thorough responses!

Regards
Calle