Re: Data elements with both option set and free text

Hi Calle,

The problem as I see it still in the current version is that it is actually
possible to do exactly this. If you use curl, you can upload a value which
is not part of the option set. If the option set has a numeric value type,
you can upload any option, not just those which are part of the option set.
I thought this had actually been fixed, but it seems not to be the case.
So, I suppose using a custom form, you could create a control to allow
people to enter data from a list, or to specify it.

Thus, I suppose you could utilize this "feature" to upload what you please,
as long as the option set is set to be "text". I would regard this as a bug
or un-implemented feature, but it might be useful in your case.

Regards,
Jason