Re: Data elements with both option set and free text

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Jason Pickering <
jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Calle,
>
> The problem as I see it still in the current version is that it is
> actually possible to do exactly this. If you use curl, you can upload a
> value which is not part of the option set. If the option set has a numeric
> value type, you can upload any option, not just those which are part of the
> option set. I thought this had actually been fixed, but it seems not to be
> the case. So, I suppose using a custom form, you could create a control to
> allow people to enter data from a list, or to specify it.

This is true but just for the "dataValue" resource, we block this during
data import / through the "dataValueSet" resource. We will add it, just
need to do it in a way which performs appropriately.

regards,

Lars

--
Lars Helge Øverland