Re: Default form swap between row and column

Dear Nayeem,

You can create multiple datasets from that one long dataset.
Then you can make one dataset a custom form and then the other as a section.
It is also not a good idea to have long datasets (aka forms) in form design.

Alex

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Nayeem Al Mifthah <n.mifthah@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dear All
> If the above mention functionality will take long time to develop, is it
> possible to add "Design data entry form" option under section of dataset.
>
> Actually, we have large category combo (with long list of category option
> combo) for one section of a dataset, which make the default data entry form
> large in horizontal side for that section. The same dataset have another
> section with some elements with no category combo which looks good in
> default form.
>
> It will be great, if I can design one section and leave another as
> default. I can design the full dataset in custom form, but how much design
> i have inserted it takes long time to load in low resource settings. And
> you all know, Bangladesh is implementing a large database of DHIS2 with
> limited bandwidth in central and end user level.
>
> *Nayeem Al Mifthah*
> *Consultant for HSS, Health MIS, M&E*
> Email: n.mifthah@xxxxxxxxx
> Cell:+8801914030574
> Skype: nayeem.a.m
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Nayeem Al Mifthah <n.mifthah@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Lars
>> Thanks for your clarification.
>>
>> Could it go under near future development plan.
>>
>> *Nayeem Al Mifthah*
>> *Consultant for HSS, Health MIS, M&E*
>> Email: n.mifthah@xxxxxxxxx
>> Cell:+8801914030574
>> Skype: nayeem.a.m
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <lars@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nayeem,
>>>
>>> I agree that would be useful. There are no immediate plans for this
>>> unfortunately. For now you will have to resort to a custom form.
>>>
>>> best regards,
>>>
>>> Lars

>>> --
>>> Lars Helge Øverland
>>> Lead developer, DHIS 2
>>> University of Oslo
>>> Skype: larshelgeoverland
>>> lars@xxxxxxxxx
>>> http://www.dhis2.org <https://www.dhis2.org/>

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET  | HISP Uganda
Kampala
Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161
Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems -
DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don't want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "