Re: Removing the limit on the number of users to send a message

Hi,

Just to add one piece of info here: Having the ability to email or whatsapp
more than 200-250 users is going to be critical for disease surveillance
systems too. In case of a major disease outbreak, these systems will have
to broadcast messages via multiple protocols to far more than 200-250
people.

Regards
Calle

On 24 October 2016 at 08:29, Sean Broomhead <sean@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Lars and team - thanks for having a look at this for us.
>
> The requirement has emerged out of the success of the system Mike built to
> manage placement allocations for all Interns and Community Service Doctors
> in South Africa. Newly qualified doctors apply centrally, expressing their
> priority choices for hospital placements for their two years of internship
> and one year of community service. We run an algorithm to determine which
> hospital each doctor gets sent to.
>
> Both doctors and government love the system. It's email tool now provides
> the formal mechanism for communicating with these doctors about the
> placement process. Unfortunately, with the batch size limits, we're having
> to setup the small batches manually. The current cohort of doctors is about
> 4,000 and the next cohort of nurses could reach 10,000.
>
> Please advise if this needs to go into Launchpad or GitHub, or if you deal
> with this sort of request differently.
>
> Your assistance will be very helpful.
>
> Best regards,
> Sean
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Mike Nelushi <mikeevolution@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lars/Morten,
>>
>> We want to remove the limit on the number of users to send a DHIS2(2.23)
>> message. At the moment the limit is 200 users per group.
>>
>> I would like to implement this change since we have a system that need to
>> send 10 000+ emails to our users for notifications.
>>
>> Was the limitation created to resolve server health issues when sending
>> bulk emails?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike
>>

> --
> Dr Sean Broomhead
> Director ICT
> HISP
> +27 79 496 1993
> Skype: getsean
>
> *This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at
> http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer
> <http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer>.  Please read the
> disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in
> terms of this electronic transmission.  If you cannot access the
> disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@xxxxxxxx
> <disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to
> this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the
> provisions of the disclaimer.*

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352

Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119

Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx