DHIS2.24 linking to a wrong database

Dear All,
I am setting up DHIS2 to run on Ubuntu 16.04 server and PostgreSQL database but after setting up all the configuration settings in the dhis.conf and exporting the environmental variables in the tomcat-dhis instance, it still points to a different H2 database (dhis2;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;MVCC=TRUE;ALIAS_COLUMN_NAME=TRUE;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE) and a mysterious user (sa) database type DhisH2. This causes the system to loose all the data up on restart. This issue was raised by some one early this year but unfortunately i cannot find a solution. If anyone knows the solution, please support me.
Thank you.
Absolom

Follow ups