Re: Translation project for Dari and Pashto languages

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 4:31 AM, Jason Pickering
<jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Sam,

> Translation files can be downloaded for offline translation, using a tool
> like "POEdit". You can get the translation template from
> https://translate.dhis2.org/export/?path=/prs/dhis2-translations/dhis-service-core/dhis-service-core-prs.po
> for instance.

Just to offer another suggestion, I would strongly recommend that you
look into using Virtaal fort offline translation work.  It is made by
the same people who produce Pootle and it has some really awesome
features that place way ahead of something like POEdit.  (especially
the translation memory feature, there are a lot of repeated strings in
DHIS-2 and this will really help you with consistency.  It also
implements the same quality control checks that Pootle has, which can
save you from committing files with obvious errors.

http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/index.html

 cjl