Re: SL demo testing - Bugs or not?

Hi Calle,

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> While trying to find a way to export option sets WITH option values using
> detailed meta-data export of an option set in 2.24, my local instance
> bombed out with a
> StackOverflowError
>  so I decided to check the SL demo:
>
> 1. Opening Import/Export module, the first I notice is that "Meta-data
> dependency export" is ONLY available from the left panel menu - it is not
> listed in the main panel.

This has been fixed now in 2.25 > master.

> 2. The second thing I notice is that "Meta-data detailed export" is no
> longer visible. I cannot believe it's been removed since it's highly useful
> functionality - but where is it?

We did remove this for 2.25. The reasons were that the code was buggy and
slow (sometimes causing out of memory exceptions), and that it was hard for
people to select the right object "graph" (i.e. when selecting a pivot
table favorite, not selecting the right data elements, indicators,
categories etc), leaving target databases in weird states.

We are instead planning on expanding on the metadata dependency export. We
will incorporate i) category combo + dependencies and ii) analytics
favorites + dependencies. Let us know if you have other requirements.

best regards,

Lars