"Error"-type program ruled triggered before data entry opens

Hi devs, I have a tracker program with registration, with a few program rules of the type «Show error preventing completion». The program has only one stage, which is auto-generated and opened for data entry on registration.

In the latest builds of 2.24 and 2.25, these rules are triggered as soon as I click «Save and continue» on the registration page, and I get a message «Please review and fix the following error(s) before registering:». However, all the variables in the program rules relate to data elements in the program stage and not TEI attributes, so I wouldn’t expect them to run until I try to complete the program stage. As it is now, it is not possible to even get to the program stage data entry.

Any ideas on whether this could be some sort of setting/configuration issue, or if its a bug? I doesn’t seem to behave the same way on the demo instance when I tried to add a similar rule there.

Regards
Olav

Follow ups