DE Average aggregation type returns average of category options as Total

Hi all,

we have observed that when we set aggregation type in a DE collected with
category options, when we ask for the total value we obtain the average of
the values introduced in each category instead of the sum.

Please see the example bellow. It is configured and tested in the demo
server now. It will disappear tomorrow... I'm sending also screenshots.

We would like to know if this is the intended behaviour before reporting it
in Jira.

Cheers,

Marta

*Configuration of DE: *

*Test_HIV_Average* has aggregation type Average
*Test_HIV_AverageSum* has aggregation type Average (sum in hierarchy)

*Data entered*

[image: Inline images 2]

*Resulting values*

Please notice that we are not aggreating in this examples, neither in time
or hierarchy.

Pivot table Test Average Aggregation - Totals
https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-pivot/index.html?id=R27At0VRELN

[image: Inline images 1]
Pivot Table Test Average Aggregation - Details
https://play.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-pivot/index.html?id=XIkxuP2unBJ

[image: Inline images 2]

PNG image

PNG image