Errors in JDBC connection

Dear team,

For one of our client, we are using DHIS2.21 with MySQL 5.6. Application
server and database server are separate and can talk to each other.
Since last 3 weeks, they are facing issues and getting the below message
instead of login screen.

*org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could
not open Hibernate Session for transaction; nested exception is
org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC begin transaction failed*

After refreshing the page twice or thrice login page gets loaded.

I tried to check the log file and found below errors

   - org.hibernate.TransactionException: JDBC begin transaction failed
   - com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
   Communications link failure
   - java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Has anyone had any idea about these and how these can be rectified? Any
help is much appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta