Re: Assigning tracked entity attribute to Program - display in list OFF

Hi Calle,

The display in list option when ert to yes means that when you search for a
TEI that specific field displays in the list.

Can you not use program rules to hide that field on the capture screen when
e.g. Enrollment date is not null?

Elmarie

On 05 Feb 2017 02:35, "Calle Hedberg" <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to assign one tracked entity attribute to a program, but with
> that specific attribute NOT appearing in the attribute list during Tracker
> Capture. (NOTE: my only reason for including this "hidden" attribute is
> that program notifications cannot access data element values, so I'm using
> an ASSIGN validation rule to "copy" a needed data element value into this
> attribute so it can be used as part of the notification template).
>
> My assumption was that unticking the "Display in List" setting would do
> this, but it has no effect whatsoever - the specific attribute still appear
> in the data capture standard form and you can capture data the usual way.
> This is 2.25, latest build.
>
> 1. IS there another way to have "hide" an attribute in a program?
>
> 2. Does anybody know what that "Display in List" setting actually DO? What
> "list" does it refer to?
>
> (the user manual does not go beyond the "add attributes and make sure one
> of them has been set to Display in List" level - there's no explanations or
> examples what the settings actually do).
>
> Regards
> Calle

> Calle Hedberg
>
> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>
> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472 <+27%2021%20685%206472>
>
> Cell: +27-82-853-5352 <+27%2082%20853%205352>
>
> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119 <+881%206%20315%2019119>
>
> Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Skype: calle_hedberg

*This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at
http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer
<http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer>.  Please read the
disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in
terms of this electronic transmission.  If you cannot access the
disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@xxxxxxxx
<disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to
this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the
provisions of the disclaimer.*