Re: Assigning tracked entity attribute to Program - display in list OFF

Elmarie,

Thanks for the clarification (why things like that is not outlined in the
User manual is, well...). And yes, I can use a validation rule, but I
wanted to know if there was another way...

Regards
Calle

On 5 February 2017 at 10:04, Elmarie Claasen <elmarie@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Calle,
>
> The display in list option when ert to yes means that when you search for
> a TEI that specific field displays in the list.
>
> Can you not use program rules to hide that field on the capture screen
> when e.g. Enrollment date is not null?
>
> Elmarie
>
> On 05 Feb 2017 02:35, "Calle Hedberg" <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to assign one tracked entity attribute to a program, but
>> with that specific attribute NOT appearing in the attribute list during
>> Tracker Capture. (NOTE: my only reason for including this "hidden"
>> attribute is that program notifications cannot access data element values,
>> so I'm using an ASSIGN validation rule to "copy" a needed data element
>> value into this attribute so it can be used as part of the notification
>> template).
>>
>> My assumption was that unticking the "Display in List" setting would do
>> this, but it has no effect whatsoever - the specific attribute still appear
>> in the data capture standard form and you can capture data the usual way.
>> This is 2.25, latest build.
>>
>> 1. IS there another way to have "hide" an attribute in a program?
>>
>> 2. Does anybody know what that "Display in List" setting actually DO?
>> What "list" does it refer to?
>>
>> (the user manual does not go beyond the "add attributes and make sure one
>> of them has been set to Display in List" level - there's no explanations or
>> examples what the settings actually do).
>>
>> Regards
>> Calle

>> Calle Hedberg
>>
>> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>>
>> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472 <+27%2021%20685%206472>
>>
>> Cell: +27-82-853-5352 <+27%2082%20853%205352>
>>
>> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119 <+881%206%20315%2019119>
>>
>> Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Skype: calle_hedberg

> *This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at
> http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer
> <http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer>.  Please read the
> disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in
> terms of this electronic transmission.  If you cannot access the
> disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@xxxxxxxx
> <disclaimer@xxxxxxxx> and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to
> this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the
> provisions of the disclaimer.*

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352