Re: [Dhis2-users] Accessing the latest dhis2 builds

Knut,

The wget one probably do work better, since I have no complaints related to
this from our infrastructure team (we are running 150-200 DHIS2 instances,
so they download updates regularly). But I'm using Windows on my laptop, so
wget won't work.

Regards
Calle

On 20 February 2017 at 16:19, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Calle,
>
> I also had this problem with the ci.dhis2.org link when I was in Burma.
> But I found the other link that Lars and Morten pointed to to work much
> better.
>
> Knut
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Calle Hedberg <calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Timothy,
>>
>> There is definitely something wrong with the configuration of the server
>> that provides war files - it bails out immediately if there are delays in
>> the download, or if you are on a slow connection. This is a relatively
>> recent problem that appeared a few months ago.
>>
>> I discovered this the first time over Christmas, when I was trying to
>> download a war file from my sister's place (in Norway) - she had a slow
>> internet connection, and the download kept on bombing out, usually after
>> downloading the first ~12mb.
>>
>> I discussed it with Lars in early January. His advice was the same as
>> now, to use a download manager - but I have tried that, and it does not
>> work.
>>
>> I've had similar reports from a number of people now, with the only
>> workable solution being for me or somebody on a faster connection to
>> download the war file and then make it available on another platform.
>>
>> My current home office connection is a 7mbits ADSL line, and download
>> works OK here - AS LONG AS I ONLY DOWNLOAD ONE WAR FILE AT A TIME.
>>
>> On 20 February 2017 at 14:28, Morten Olav Hansen <morten@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You can also use wget if you are on a unix system (which your server
>>> probably is)
>>>
>>> wget -c https://www.dhis2.org/download/releases/2.26/dhis.war
>>>
>>> (if it times out or disconnects... just run same command again and it
>>> will continue)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Morten Olav Hansen
>>> Senior Engineer, DHIS 2
>>> University of Oslo
>>> http://www.dhis2.org

>> Calle Hedberg
>>
>> 46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA
>>
>> Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472 <+27%2021%20685%206472>
>>
>> Cell: +27-82-853-5352 <+27%2082%20853%205352>
>>
>> Iridium SatPhone: +8816-315-19119 <+881%206%20315%2019119>
>>
>> Email: calle.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Skype: calle_hedberg

> Knut Staring
> Dept. of Informatics, University of Oslo
> Norway: +4791880522 <+47%20918%2080%20522>
> Skype: knutstar
> http://dhis2.org

Calle Hedberg

46D Alma Road, 7700 Rosebank, SOUTH AFRICA

Tel/fax (home): +27-21-685-6472

Cell: +27-82-853-5352