Filtering programs

Hi everyone,

We are now working with the "Event capture app" and  we have a long list of
programs to show to the users. We would like to allow to the users to
filter some of them out to make it easier  to find a single program in the
list.

To avoid making any modifications to the "Event capture app" we wanted to
create a new application and send some parameters that would change the API
call within the app (e.g. adding a filter="" at the end).

Right now you can send and event id as parameter to access directly to that
single event. Can the same thing be done now to filter out some programs?
If not, what would be the best approach to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time,
Eric